Private Tour from Belgrade to Novi Sad and Sremski Karlovci
Balkan Chauffeur is at your disposal for your private day-trip from Belgrade with a sightseeing tour of Vojvodina including Novi Sad, Sremski Karlovci and other tourist attractions nearby. Explore the rich historical heritage, Baroque architecture, 13th-century monasteries, and fine wines of northern Serbia. Novi Sad tour is the most popular day-trip from Belgrade.
Our professional chauffeurs are knowledgeable about all the tourist locations they are driving you to and will provide you with all the information you need.
The advantage of a private tour by car is that you do not share the trip with anyone else and you choose the time of departure for this day-trip. It also means that you don’t have to choose our recommended itinerary and an 8-hour excursion. You can customize the whole Novi Sad excursion whichever you want, excluding some attractions or adding new ones.
- Private Sightseeing Tour only for your group up to 4 travelers (car), or up to 8 travelers (minivan)
- Round-trip from Belgrade
- Pick-up/Drop-off location is your accommodation in Belgrade or Belgrade Airport (Ask for a quote for another city)
- The time of the trip start is your decision. But please, avoid the rush-hour from 7:30-9:30
- Choose from recommended 8-hour tour itinerary or go to custom-tailored, fully flexible tour which is hourly charged.
- Your accommodation in Belgrade
- Kovilj 13th-century monastery ≈ 0.5h
- Novi Sad city center ≈ 2h
- Petrovaradin Fortress ≈ 1h
- Sremski Karlovci ≈ 1h
- Your accommodation in Belgrade
Available in Hourly-Rated Tour:
- Fruška Gora National Park, wineries and monasteries in the area.
- Palić Lake
- Štrand Beach on the Danube
- Bač Castle
- Aeronautical Museum
- Indjija fashion park, outlet shopping center
- Anything in Vojvodina
Included in excursion price :
- Pick-up and drop-off at your accommodation in Belgrade or BEG airport.
- Private transfer between locations with a comfortable car or minivan
- An informative, professional English-speaking chauffeur with good knowledge about Novi Sad Area
- All driving expenses(fuel, tolls, parking…)
- Child seat if you need
- Bottled water
- A short stop on the way if you need to
- Licensed Guide (don’t worry, our drivers are very helpful and informative)
- Entrance Fees to museums or wine-tasting tours
- Food and drink
- Personal expenses
- More time or longer tour than agreed
Start from Belgrade
Our driver is waiting for you at your address at the agreed time you want. We recommend that it be 7 am or 10 am to avoid traffic jams. A comfortable and clean vehicle is reserved for you and your family or friends only.
Trip to Vojvodina area, northern Serbia
In less than an hour of comfortable highway driving, we reach the first place we recommend you visit. That is Kovilj, a 13th-century Serbian Orthodox monastery. It is one of the most beautiful among the 16 medieval monasteries of the Fruška Gora Valley, which is a testament to the turbulent Serbian history and spirituality.
Novi Sad sightseeing
From our experience so far, it takes tourists about half an hour for sightseeing of this site
From Kovilj to the center of Novi Sad we arrive in half an hour. After Belgrade, Novi Sad is the second-largest city in Serbia. Due to its preserved baroque architecture, many consider it the most beautiful city in Serbia. A truly special spirit adorns its streets and squares. We recommend that in addition to sightseeing the central square, the cathedral, the synagogue, and the main pedestrian street, take a walk through the side streets, which are home to charming pubs, cafes, and restaurants. You’ll have plenty of time for lunch, too. Of course, if you need more time for sightseeing you can pay extra time for waiting or skip one of the following planned places to visit.
Immediately upon leaving Novi Sad, we will stop at the Petrovaradin Fortress, which offers a perfect view of the Danube, Novi Sad, and the Fruska Gora Mountain. We are sure you will be impressed by this historic treasure.
History, architecture, wines
After the fort, we arrive in SremskI Karlovci in 15-20 minutes. A small town at the foot of Fruska Gora known for its fine wines and incredibly beautiful buildings built 3 centuries ago. The city that for centuries was the seat of the Serbian Orthodox Church and the place where peace negotiations were conducted by the Ottoman kingdom and the Habsburg Monarchy, the greatest powers of the time. Wineries, museums, churches, Lookout at the top of the city, the town square ….. the choice is yours and our experienced chauffeur will assist you. Do not miss the opportunity to try Bermet, the world-famous wine that has been served on the Titanic and in all the world courts, and even today, only 3 families from Sremski Karlovci know the recipe. Since Sremski Karlovci is a very small place, an hour is an ideal time to visit.
Return to Belgrade
From Sremski Karlovci to Belgrade it takes us just over an hour drive. As we are partly passing through Fruška Gora, the driver may stop if you wish to try and buy home-made produce of this area, sold by the local farmers by the roadside.
Finish of Novi Sad excursion
When you arrive in front of your accommodation, if you have not already paid online, you can pay in the car with either a card or by cash. If you chose an 8-hour tour, you pay a fixed amount from the price list. If you have exceeded this time, additional hours are added to the price list. And if you choose the option to charge per hour, the time is counted from the moment the tour starts until the driver returns you to the same location. Of course, 15 minutes is tolerance.
We are quite sure that you will be pleased with this trip, and we hope you will find some time to rate us on TripAdvisor.
This was a description of a recommended route. Retention times at locations can be flexible, but if the entire return trip is longer than 8 hours, additional extra waiting time is charged (check the pricing).
Fruška Gora, Subotica, and Palić
If you want to visit other localities in northern Serbia then choose the hourly-rated option. In this variant, it is possible to go on Fruška Gora and even Subotica and Palić.
Novi Sad day-trip is available for a whole year. But, keep in mind that on Petrovaradin Fortress can be really windy. Also, if you want to start the tour later during the day, don’t worry about the night. Novi Sad and the fortress are beautiful at night time too.
Entrance tickets for the museums are on average 2,5 €. We recommend you visit the museum of Vojvodina in Novi Sad, Museum of Novi Sad at the fortress. In Sremski Karlovci you can visit the Fruška Gora Churchs museum and Museum of Honey and Wine. The entrance to Petrovaradin Fortress is free of charge.
Wine-tasting tours in some of many wineries in Sremski Karlovci is on average 10 € per person.
NOTE: Please, before you book a tour or ask us a question, check all tabs and information on this page. We gave our best to make this page really informative.
- 8 hour day-trip
- Novi Sad 2h
- Petrovaradin Fortress 1h
- Sremski Karlovci 1h
- Kovilj Monastery 0.5h
- Hourly-Rated +Your choice of places that you want to visit.
- It is possible to visit wineries and monasteries of Fruška Gora National Park, and also Subotica and Palić.
Half a day TourOption 3
- 2-hour for Novi Sad sightseeing.
- 4-5 round-trip from Belgrade
- +40€ for 8+1 Minivan
- +10€/h for extra waiting time
- +50 € for licensed walking tour guide